Technorati Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Wonderful Husband Marty

I am writing this blog about my wonderful, but sometimes odd husband Marty. I asked him if I could put him on my odd blog, because he just asked me if I would clean up my side of the desk. He said he had too much stuff on his side and needed more room. If you look to the left of this desk, you will see my little pink computer with an area of about 1 X 1.
Photobucket
I laughed so loud, and kvetched a bit about that, but I removed my bills and other hoarded mail from my side of the desk because, well, he's a genius, and I know he is going to create something fantastical that will make our lives easier. Currently he is learning about all the hidden benefits of an Apple computer and teaching me what it can do as well. Additionally, he is setting up one of his buddies' new Mac Mini.
Photobucket
Marty is one of those people who is a jack of all trades, but also a master of technical and mechanical devices. We are completely wired up in our house. Before I met Marty, I had a lousy Dell desk top and the only thing I ever did was check my email and surf occasionally for nothing in particular. When I started dating Marty he set me up with wireless and showed me the benefits of having a laptop computer, and I never looked back. He showed me how to sell things on Ebay and Craig's List; how to shop online wisely for the best deals; and also how to make the computer work best for me, including having me switch to Mozilla Firefox for my browser (way better than Explorer).
Photobucket
I say he's wonderful for many reasons, most of which have nothing to do with his technical savvy, the main reason being that he's a loving, caring husband and stepfather. However, another reason I am very grateful for Marty is that he opened up my eyes to everything technical and science related, which has made my world tons more interesting. I say he's odd because he likes to take things apart and often times he reminds me of Rick Moranis in "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" :-) Of course his oddness is one of the many reasons I love him too.
Photobucket
Please visit Marty's website: http://getamacnow.com/ if you're interested in getting an Apple computer for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment