Technorati Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day, 2011, and this mother's day has to be one of the best to date. Carley gave me a framed picture of her wearing her graduation cap and gown as a gift, which made me smile the biggest smile. It warms my heart that Carley completed high school, especially when, not too long ago, it seemed as if this would not be in her master plan.
Photobucket
After she gave me my gift, we all went to the Red Lobster for lunch, which really brought back fond memories of my own mom (who is traveling today) and grandmother, Nan, who is no longer with us. As a family, we used to go there almost every Sunday after church and also celebrated major events there when I was growing up.
Photobucket
Today, in celebration of old times, I ordered my favorite comfort food, popcorn shrimp, and I also had to have a few of those cheesy biscuits that only Red Lobster can make.
Photobucket
Carley told us we were odd because we brought our mega camera. She said, "Who brings a huge camera like this to Red Lobster??" The answer is, "We do because it really does take the best photos," and we had such fun trying to find pretty places to pose for our Mother's Day pictures. Carley took this picture of Marty and I.
Photobucket
To top the day off, my son David called from San Fransisco to wish me a happy Mother's Day. Today's events may seem simple to most people, but it's the simple things like spending time with my daughter that make me so happy :-)What did you do for your mother today?
Photobucket
My Son David

No comments:

Post a Comment