Technorati Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, June 30, 2011

One Of My Favorite Places - Clark's Fish Camp

On June 15th, 2011, I went to Clark's Fish Camp for the second time. The first time was about 6 years ago, and it was just as scrumptious as I remember it. This restaurant is a real treat! It is tucked back in the woods behind a suburb and sits on the St. John's River in Jacksonville; Mandarin, Florida to be precise.
Photobucket
If you are ever in this area, it is a must see if you are a hunter, a lover of nature or someone who loves exotic food. I will not go into enormous detail, because it is one of those special, secret places you will have to experience for yourself, but I will tell you that I experienced the wonderful flavor of Ostrich, Kangaroo, Gator Tail and Frog's Legs, and this was just a tiny example of the foods they serve. Although I am not a huge fan of fried food, Clark's is the only place I know that can do it right. I have never experienced fried food that is consistently fried to perfection like they do it. It's very lightly battered, and I am quite sure they must change their oil daily, because there is no hint of that nasty oil taste when some restaurants don't change their oil often enough. If you want to visit, it is at 12903 Hoodlanding Road in Mandarin, FL 32258--904-268-3474. Check out the slideshow below:

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful place and i really this place. Thanks for sharing this video.
    best hosting company

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve. You should visit, it really is an awesome place. It's like going back in time before all the development there in Jacksonville. Thanks for reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It used to be okay for something different but food has slipped from passable for a fish camp to so-so. That coupled with the recent health shut down from creepy crawlers in the kitchen scratched it off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee Wiz Al... Did you really have to tell me the Health Dept. closed them down? Well, at least I know if they reopened, the Health Dept. had to give them an A-ok. The food really was tasty :-) Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete