Technorati Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Renaissance Part Deux

This year's Renaissance Festival was just as fabulous as in years past. On March 12th, Marty and I went with my parents, sister and brother-in-law, and as usual a great time was had by all. We decided to go to a few new shows this time around, instead of sticking to our usual entertainment choices. Marty brought his brand new I-Pad 2, so he could try out the photo and video features, which ended up being a hit with some of the patrons of the festival. Of course I had to do my favorite thing and take pictures because the costumes get crazier and stranger every year.

We missed the Mud Show this year, and ended up choosing an even more unconventional show called Christoph the Insultor. This guy is not only insulting, but is also extremely offensive (that's part of his charm). He warns everyone up front that if they don't like crude and dirty talk, it is not the show for them. What he does is encourage people in the audience to pay for him to insult and humiliate their friends with comments about the way they look, reasons for their lack of sex life, etc. The more you pay, the better and more hilarious the insult. He was entertaining, but he hyped up the fact that his insults were so great before the actual show, that he wasn't as nasty as I thought he would be, or maybe I am just desensitized to our every day vulgar world :-)
Photobucket
Marty brought his new I-Pad 2 with him and gave everyone his own show. When we stopped by the Knight's Pub to get a beer, two nice young men were very excited to take a look at it. We stopped a while to chat with them and show them the features of the I-Pad. They even let me take their picture for Facebook.
Men At Pub
Then we all went to an acrobatic type show called the Tribal Circus where two women and a man did a comedy routine with ropes and fire. Marty began video taping, and the guy walking the tight rope made a comment about it during his act.

As usual, I "people watched" and took many pictures, occasionally losing my family in the process. I never tire of the Renaissance Festival because everyone is so unique and strange. A blog simply does not do it justice, so if you have not been there, consider attending next year. It is held during the month of March at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Tickets are $20.00, and you can get $3.00 off with an empty Mountain Dew can. Here is a slide show of the best photos for this year's festival (2011).

No comments:

Post a Comment