Technorati Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Roach Smuggling


This is an extremely bizarre story, where a man who actually makes a living selling exotic cockroaches was arrested for smuggling them into the United States; Florida to be specific. His name is Derek Rader and his illegal, odd roach fetish, coupled with his greed, has now introduced a plethora of non-native roaches to Florida, because when they arrested him, the roaches disappeared. "Investigators said he is not cooperating and they have no idea what happened to all the roaches he brought into Florida." 
I, for one, am not happy about this as I have a cockroach phobia.  Whenever I see one I scream bloody murder and jump around like a freak, especially if I see a palmetto bug.  They literally make my skin crawl.  Personally, I am glad law enforcement officials are going after this guy criminally because apparently his little roach collecting escapade could cause a bug infestation like Florida’s never seen before.  If you think Florida has roaches now, just wait.  What do you think about this? Do you think Mr. Rader should be charged with a felony?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! Smuggling non-native species of insects can cause irreversible environmental damage to our native species population. I would rather be attacked by a Palmetto bug that that ugly thing!

    ReplyDelete