Technorati Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Piece De Renaissance


     Every year my family makes their way to the Renaissance Festival in Deerfield Beach http://www.ren-fest.com/deerfield-home.asp where we all get our fill of people watching.  Although many would find the people who attend this event quite odd, without them the Renaissance Festival would not hold the magic that is, as the French put it, "Piece de la Resistance" or, as I like to say, "Piece de la Renaissance."  When you walk into this festival, it is not only like walking back in time, but also like entering a completely different world.  It is literally a fantasy world with fairies, pirates, elves, jesters, knights and gremlins.  When I go, I take my camera and click away, taking what I think are the most unique and strange costumes, and capturing the best talent.  By far the mud show wins the weird award in that they get absolutely filthy.  There are actually people who try to sit as close to the stage as possible just so they can get sprayed with mud, my daughter being one of them.  The Renaissance Festival is an event for the entire family and I highly recommend it for a day of fun and strange phenomenon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie! I believe that the Renaissance Festival is a place where people can truly be themselves and not worry about being judged. I, myself, am a people watcher and love to see how one person can be so different from the other. The Renaissance is a place to go to escape the day-to-day work and school routine. It's nice to be able to step back into another time and place but after a couple of hours, I like to come back to modern America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can only stay at the festival for an afternoon and then it's time to get back to real life :-)

    ReplyDelete